FACT: Water is a natural resource.
FACT: All living things need water to thrive.
Water conservation is not a new idea but is becoming more increasingly important, not only for us now, but for future generations. Around the world water pollution and water shortages are significant issues. By conserving water in our area, we can help to preserve our resources. Below you can find a few tips to help conserve water at your home:
- Fix leaks
- Turn off water while brushing teeth or shaving
- Take shorter showers
- Wash only full loads of laundry
- Wash laundry on the cold setting when possible
- Set timers on irrigation for shorter lengths and only use when necessary
- when shopping for fixtures and appliances look for the “WaterSense” label
By using water efficiently, consumers can save energy and money. And this is not just for residents, but business owners as well. Follow this link to learn more about commercial buildings and water use: https://www.epa.gov/watersense/commercial-buildings